Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies04.02.14
Stop whatever it is that you are doing right now and go buy the biggest bag of Reese’s Pieces that you can find so you can make these scrumptious peanut butter cookies.
This week I told myself that I would go on a mini diet just to drop a couple of pounds real quick, and then I had the genius idea to make these cookies. Ya, that was a great idea right? My diet will just have to wait until next week.
Don’t bother preheating your oven while mixing together these cookies because they need to be refrigerated for about 3 hours before baking.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup of flour
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Reese’s Pieces
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cream together egg, brown sugar, peanut butter, softened butter and vanilla until the dough has a consistent texture and appearance.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add in the dry flour mixture in small amounts to the wet dough until dough is formed.
- Add in the good stuff (reese’s pieces and chocolate chips) and mix on low.
- Scoop the cookie dough into large 1.5 inch – 2 inch balls and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and gently press down the scoops of dough.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.